Episode 18: Right | Wrong
Last episode we did the big reveal for “I’m okay, loveable, valuable because I am” and today Lorna Patten and I have the perfect follow-up with the distinction of Right and Wrong.
When we accept “I’m okay, loveable, valuable because I am”, there’s nothing to prove and we have the freedom to choose. But with all that choice we encounter a different problem as we try to work out which is the right or wrong choice.
In this episode we cover:
- Why we’re so attached to being right
- The Right Wrong paradigm in business.
- Example of a Right Wrong paradigm.
- Reasons why we are averse to being wrong.
- How being responsive rather than reactive helps us go through the process and be responsible for what we choose to do next.
- How Right Wrong is always context dependent.
- The problem with asking “What’s wrong?”
- Feeling wrong is a feeling, not a fact.
#Thrival Tips for your Thrival Kits:
- Play - Imagine everything you think is right is wrong and everything you think is wrong is right.
- Right and wrong is always context dependent
- Make a choice without having a reason.
- Be right or be at peace. Choose.
Links mentioned in the show:
Subscribe to The Change Room Podcast here.
Connect with Suzy Jacobs here.
Get the latest on The Change Room delivered to your inbox here.
The Change Room is powered by Finesque and designed by Bench Creative.
Host: Suzy Jacobs
Regular Special Guest: Lorna Patten
Producer: Nicole Hatherly
Sound and Publishing: Lyndal Harris, Podcast VA